Saturday, May 12, 2007

Betrayed

More pain, more lies
this time I’m sure, we’ve said our goodbyes

You cried, you pleaded
you said it was only I that you needed..

No more fights or lonely nights
You said this time you’ll make it right

You said this was your wakeup call, or so I thought
now this time red-handed, your deception l caught

Thoughts of me hurting only a year ago
of those times only truth I wanted to know

Now I have proof, I’ve seen for myself
I’m staring at the cruel hand to me you’ve just dealt

My pain, my heartache, and those lonely nights I cried
all those times for truth I asked, but still to me you lied

Penitent, regretful, so SORRY you say
no more apart of those childish games
with you I’ll play

I’m hurt, broken in spirit and in frame
But to you alone I cast no blame

You are …what I have accepted
Your lies and deceit I have excused,
but never rejected

So today for strength I’ll pray
and hope that God hears me
and send a mended heart this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooo What Do You Think ?