Monday, June 4, 2007

Imprisoned in her mind




 
Crouched into a ball
Both hands covering her head
Rocking back
Rocking forward
Rocking back
Can’t seem to make it stop
Trying to escape
What seems to be
her own self destruction
All around sounds of laughter
Sometimes crazy banters
Screaming,
The yelling
White coats
Always in a hurry
with nowhere to go
Dated white cups
filled with sweet control
Bright lights
Tight straps
Screaming …
Please make them stop
All that yelling
& no one seem to mind
Writing on the wall
Mumbling to herself
You can’t hurt me
I’m already dead
You can’t break me
If I’m already shattered
Re-living the torment in my head
Wiping her eyes
Still writing on the wall
Silently she prayed
Please make it all fade away

 

 © Lisa Goycochea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sooo What Do You Think ?